Category Archives: Non-Surgical Cosmetic Procedures
Juvederm Voluma Frequently Asked Questions
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Juvederm Voluma is the Juvederm hyaluronic acid specialty product for volumizing. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally occurring substance found in the body that helps to hydrate and add volume to our skin. It is designed for injection in the deep dermis to treat age-related facial volume loss. Juvederm Voluma is demonstrated in clinical studies for its safety and a high level of satisfaction with the results of treatment giving a non-surgical facelift.
2. Is Juvederm Voluma injected the same as other Juvederm products?
The robust viscosity that makes Voluma such an ideal volumizer also means that it requires specialized training in order to achieve successful outcomes. Careful training and experience are recommended to become familiar with injecting Voluma. Dr. Sherman was chosen by the Juvederm Voluma XC Advisory Board and to serve as an Expert Physician Trainer of other board certified, core aesthetic physicians because of her advanced knowledge and experience.
3. What are the adverse reactions with Juvederm Voluma?
The types of adverse events Voluma demonstrates are consistent with other fillers, but in very low rates. Following injection, you may experience redness, slight swelling, or bruising at the injected area. Your doctor will inform you about this. These side effects will not last and can easily be covered up with your usual makeup.
4. Has Juvederm Voluma been tested in clinical trials?
Several trials have been undertaken with Voluma; both prospective and retrospective. Voluma demonstrated significant improvement in facial volume loss, garnering high ratings from both physicians and patients.
5. How long will the effects of treatment with Juvéderm® VOLUMA® last?
The average effect of treatment with Juvéderm® VOLUMA® lasts about 18 months. It may sometimes be shorter or longer depending on:
• your age
• your physiology
• your lifestyle (smoking and exposure to sun or UV rays may shorten the effect)
• the amount injected and the injection technique used.
6. Will the treatment hurt?
At the Sherman Aesthetic Center, we use the latest techniques to minimize any discomfort. These can include state of the art numbing creams and proper use of ice packs. After the treatment, any discomfort usually settles very quickly.
7. When can I return to work and resume my social life?
The aesthetic results are immediate and very natural looking. You can return to work and resume your social life immediately.
8. Is there anything I should know before I have the treatment?
Do not take aspirin and arthritis medication that can thin your blood for at least 1 week before the injection session. During the injection, risk of bruising and swelling will be higher for patients under anti-coagulant treatment or taking aspirin.
9. Are there any recommendations I should follow after treatment?
You are advised not to apply pressure to or massage the injection site during the first days following injection session. In the first week following treatment, the injected product may feel unduly firm as it settles into the surrounding tissue. This is normal and your Voluma will eventually feel soft and natural just like your own fatty pads.
10. How much does treatment cost?
This is entirely dependent on how much is needed to achieve your own results. At the time of your initial consultation, we will quote a price based on your specific needs.
Call us today for your FREE consultation with Dr. Sherman or one of the Master Injectors Elisabeth Bennett, PA-C or Lin Matthews, RN to show you how Voluma may help you reverse the signs of aging.
Liquid Facelift FAQ
A liquid facelift is a non-surgical procedure, given with a Master Injector Technique, that combines Botox and Filler to restore lost volume, give a natural cheek lift, and soften wrinkles and creases around the mouth often referred to as the “parentheses.” Botox relaxes the muscles causing the face to pull down allowing for the maximum lift of facial structures. And when it comes to your face, up is good and down is bad! At the Sherman Aesthetic Center, Dr. Sherman and her Master Injectors have perfected the Liquid Lift Technique!
Does the Liquid Facelift require surgery?
Do I need general anesthesia? The liquid facelift is a non-surgical procedure, and the good news is it only takes 30 minutes! Only topical anesthesia is used to numb the skin prior to injection.
How long does a Liquid Facelift last?
A facial analysis will be performed at the time of your visit to determine which filler is right for your skin and facial structure. The filler chosen for the optimal, natural results can last from 9-18 months.
Is the procedure painful?
The procedure consists of a few tiny injections. At the Sherman Aesthetic Center, the Master Injectors also use 3 different forms of topical anesthesia to minimize discomfort!
What is the recovery like?
You may have very minimal swelling at the site of injection and bruising. The swelling should subside within the first 2-3 days and we use specialized techniques to minimize bruising and down time!
When will I begin to see results?
The results are immediate! After your 30 minute office visit, you will leave with an instant, natural refreshed look!
How many treatments are needed?
Every face is unique: therefore, we develop a customized treatment plan just for you to correct the volume loss and achieve a fresh lift with beautiful contour.
What will the long-term results be like?
Filler is a naturally occurring substance that your body breaks down over time. The filler will dissipate in a subtle, gradual way. It is always best to return to the Sherman Aesthetic Center for a re-evaluation at 6-8 months after the initial injection to maintain the optimal results!
What kind of downtime is there with a Liquid Facelift?
This is a no downtime procedure! You may come in for this lunch time procedure and be ready to return to work immediately.
Why would I choose a Liquid Facelift rather than the traditional surgical Facelift?
A Liquid Facelift is usually more affordable, gives your cheeks a better lift, and has less risk of complications compared to a surgical facelift. What most people do not calculate with a surgical facelift is the 1-2 week recovery that keeps you out of your normal activities. With a busy schedule, you may not have time to go through the recovery process of surgery. A liquid facelift is a great option for those that want an anti-aging or facial lifting procedure but are not ready for the expense, recovery time, and risks of a surgical face lift.
What are the common risks?
The most common risks are bruising and swelling. Some patients do report minimal soreness at the site of injection.
Who is a good candidate for a Liquid facelift?
Anyone who has experienced a loss of collagen and elastin, usually seen after the age of 38-40. If you notice a downward turn in your cheeks or midface and want an improvement to the sagging, tired appearance, call us today to schedule a free facial analysis will determine the level of lift that is right for you!
Can I have a Liquid Facelift procedure done if I’m pregnant?
The Liquid Facelift should not be performed during pregnancy, but we look forward to seeing you after your precious little one is born!
Need a Lift?
Injectables 101 and What they Can do For Your Skin
According to a recent study from ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) non-surgical cosmetic procedures now make up 83% of all cosmetic procedures in the U.S. Every year more and more men and women are looking for ways to enhance their appearances and eliminate the signs of aging. But with so many options available it’s hard to choose the best treatment. Thinking about this, Dr. Sherman has put together a quick and easy guide to timeless beauty with suggestions on what types of non-surgical and non-invasive procedures would be beneficial for your skin.
Ten Ways to Natural Beauty
At Sherman Aesthetic Center, we believe everyone deserves to achieve natural beauty. That’s why we are dedicated to providing you with the ultimate skin experience.
To acquire the optimal aesthetic benefits in the shortest period of time, we have compiled Dr. Sherman’s 10 non-surgical ways to beauty!
- TNS Essential Serum is a revolutionary skin treatment serum that makes your skin think young again. Empowered by naturally occurring growth factors, antioxidants, soluble collagen and cytokines, it works on a molecular level to rejuvenate and purify your skin.
- Botox is a purified protein used to lose your “11,” soften your crows feet, and turn your frown upside down! By putting overactive muscles in a temporary time-out, you reverse and prevent wrinkles caused by muscle movement. Because of the success of the Botox brow lift, for 15 years running, Botox treatments are the number one cosmetic treatment men and women choose. Why? Because it works to achieve a natural look when given by a master injector, like those you find at Sherman Aesthetic Center!
- Filler is an instant beauty treatment to soften and reduce wrinkles caused by loss of volume that occurs after age 35. You can reduce bothersome aging parenthetical lines around your mouth, reverse the downward turn of the corners of your mouth, get an instant cheek lift, soften crows feet, and contour the jaw line. The best thing about filler is the results happen before you walk out the door! Sherman Aesthetic Center injectors have over 50 years of experience combined to give you a fresh and youthful look.
- If Botox is the number one cosmetic treatment men and women choose, using facial filler as a complement to Botox and placed in strategic positions achieves the ultimate youthful look. This liquid lift is a lunch time procedure that can treat cheek and jawline deformities which produces an immediate lift to the facial structures that every woman loves. Because no two wrinkles or faces are alike, it takes a well-trained master injector to analyze and perform the liquid lift to achieve the best results.
- Laser treatments helps reduce brown spots, unwanted hair, and broken blood vessels that show the hands of time! With consistent treatments and the highest level of expertise, a laser treatment at the Sherman Aesthetic Center can be customized to your schedule, skin type, and desired results.
- Lytera is the newest clinically proven skin lightening cream to brighten the appearance of brown spots and transform skin discoloration into brighter, more luminous, youthful looking skin. Unlike hydroquinones, Lytera can be used all year round and is the best maintenance treatment during the summer months.
- Retinol/Retin-A stimulates cell turnover, which increases new and healthy skin providing a youthful look. This process normally occurs in your youth, however, as we age the process slows allowing fine lines and wrinkles to form. Retinol/Retin-A jump starts the cell turnover process, keeping your skin young. A facial analysis at the Sherman Aesthetic Center will determine which form of Retinol/Retin-A is right for you.
- While Botox and filler work to reduce wrinkles in the deep layers of the skin, chemical peels polish the surface of the skin, promoting reflection of light which purifies your complexion. If you are experiencing brown sun spots, acne, acne scarring, oily skin, fines lines & wrinkles, or irregular tone and texture, a customized series of peels by well trained skin professionals can reverse the damage and achieve excellent results in a very short time.
- A common complaint of every woman over 30 is the aggravating dark circles and wrinkles under the eyes. As time passes, the skin begins to thin like tissue paper and the age begins to show in our eyes. This requires maximum moisturizers, growth factors and protecting antioxidants to boost and rejuvenate the skin under our eyes. By using a scientifically based eye cream with powerful ingredients, you can diminish the signs of aging around the eyes.
- How do we really know what our skin health is? What underlying issues are causing our day to day skin frustrations? An Emage analysis, which is a computerized 3-D facial analysis, determines the health of your skin by measuring 8 key parameters that are essential to beauty. This allows Sherman Aesthetic Center to customize a treatment plan that is specific to your skin!
If you want to know which non-surgical beauty treatment is right for you, call the Sherman Aesthetic Center at (615) 297-5798 to schedule a consultation! For the next 30 days, the first 50 callers can experience a FREE Emage analysis ($250 Value).