Direct Eyebrow Lift in Nashville
SEE THE EXPERT FOR BROW LIFT
Deborah Sherman MD is board-certified and fellowship-trained in plastic surgery around the eyes. As an ophthalmologist, she takes great care to enhance and protect your eyes and vision. As a fellowship-trained eye plastic surgeon with specialty training for cosmetic procedures around the eyes, she knows what procedure will maximize your vision with the least risks. With over twenty years of experience and the highest level of training for brow lift, why trust your eyes to anyone else?
HOW AGING CHANGES THE BROWS
The earliest signs of aging emerge in the upper face. With time, a person can develop droopy or lowered brows that can create excess skin above the eyes. This can block peripheral vision or make the eyes and face look tired. Horizontal lines and furrows (frown lines) form over the brow, and the eyebrows descend, which de-emphasizes and even shrinks the appearance of the eyes. These changes can significantly affect your peripheral vision, which can also affect your ability to drive and perform normal daily activities. They can also make you face look older and your expression unhappy or weary, even when you are feeling happy and alert.
The cost of a brow lift may be covered by insurance if the reason for the surgery is to correct a problem with blocked vision. During your consultation, Dr. Sherman will advise you if your symptoms and findings meet the functional insurance guidelines. If the procedure is cosmetic, she will provide a written estimate of the brow lift cost.
The oldest and simplest surgical approach to correct your brow is the eyebrow lift or direct brow lift, which is less invasive than a full forehead lift or upper facelift.
With the use of the most current, cutting-edge techniques and instruments, combined with Dr. Deborah Sherman’s surgical expertise, specialized skill, and vast experience, you can achieve wonderful brow lift results.
Gravity, age, and genetic inclination are the most common causes of ptosis or droopy eyebrows. A direct brow lift is a safe and effective surgical approach to correct this problem. Dr. Sherman can perform this on any patient, but a brow lift is ideally suited for those with healthy, heavy brows. You can have a direct brow lift performed either on both brows or on just one side.
Direct Brow Lift Procedure
The procedure is painless, thanks to customized anesthesia.
- Incisions are placed immediately above the brows, following the natural curve of the eyebrow or a pre-existing horizontal forehead wrinkle.
- Sherman removes a thin ellipse of tissue and raises the brows to their new position.
- The doctor closes the incisions with dissolvable sutures.
- The procedure takes approximately one hour, and sometimes less, depending on the patient.
- In most cases, Dr. Sherman can perform direct brow lift surgery along with other surgeries, such as an eyelid lift, also known as
HOW DO I MAXIMIZE SUCCESS WITH MY BROW LIFT SURGERY?
- Eat a nutrient-rich diet to help your body heal and recover faster
- If you smoke, it’s advisable to stop two weeks before and several weeks after surgery
- Avoid taking products that thin your blood, such as those that contain aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Discuss all medications, vitamins, and herbs with your surgeon prior to surgery
- Do not eat or drink after midnight the night before surgery
- Be sure you do not have sunburn the day of your surgery
- Do not wear makeup or contact lenses to your surgery
- Have someone drive you the day of surgery and plan to stay with you for a day or two while you recover
- You can expect some bruising and swelling in the area of the surgery in the first few days after the procedure. You should use this time to rest and let your brow heal.
- Most patients are ready to return to work within seven to ten days following the procedure.
- After about two weeks, you’ll be able to begin light exercise, then gradually build up to more strenuous activities over the next several weeks.
- You should avoid exposure to the sun and excessive heat for several months.
Frequently Asked Questions About Brow Lift Surgery
How long will the results of my direct brow lift last?
The improvements made with a brow lift will last the rest of your life. You’ll always look younger and more alert than you would have without the procedure. You face will continue to age, however. Over time, some wrinkles and sagging may eventually reappear. After several years, if sagging skin again interferes with your vision, you can have a refresher procedure.
Can a brow lift be combined with other facial surgery?
Yes. A direct brow lift can be combined with an eyelid lift, or blepharoplasty, to both raise the eyebrows and remove excess skin and fat from the upper eyelid. Dr. Sherman is skilled in performing both procedures. The rejuvenating effects of a brow lift can also be enhanced with non-surgical treatments, such as injections of dermal filler or Botox® to soften lines and wrinkles, or laser skin treatment to eliminate age spots and other uneven skin coloration.
How do I know if I need a brow lift or eyelid surgery?
Lowered eyebrows can cause excess skin to accumulate in the upper eyelids, so you may think the problem is with your eyelids when it is actually your brows that need lifting. A simple way to see this in the mirror is to gently push your eyebrows up, using your fingers, to an attractive position. You’ll probably see some change in the appearance of your eyelids. In your consultation with Dr. Sherman, she will examine your eyelids and eyebrows and recommend the procedure that will best address your needs. You may benefit from having both procedures.
Call today for your Eyebrow Lift consultation to improve your peripheral vision!