The next installment of Our Favorite Products from our staff! All are available for purchase at Sherman Aesthetic Center. Time to start repairing the damage from the summer sun and get prepped for winter weather!
I LOVE skin care products. As a teen, I had horrible cystic acne and took Accutane and every other topical product that my dermatologist recommended (we tried everything!). So my skincare regimen was established early. I have tried lots of products, and I can honestly say that the following products have been the BEST I have ever used. I’m not dating around with my skin care anymore!
- I use C E Ferulic every morning. I always thought that my skin was in pretty great condition until I saw what was lurking beneath the surface. My solar damage was just about maxed out when I had my EMAGE assessment. I knew I had to do something about it, but what I didn’t expect was that antioxidants would be the answer. They actually help repair damage already done to the skin and prevent further damage from occurring. My photodamage went from 99% to 72% on EMAGE assessment in 6 months. And I have brighter, more even-toned skin to boot!
- SkinMedica 0.5% Retinol- I recommend that everyone be on a retinol! It increases cell turnover and rids your skin of the top layer of dead skin cells. I can always tell a HUGE difference the morning after I’ve used it. My skin glows.
- On my “off nights” from my Retinol, I use Resveratrol BE. It is a nighttime antioxidant that neutralizes the effects of free radicals. I’ve noticed that my skin is more radiant, moisturized, and has more even tone.
- SkinCeuticals SPF 30- I like this sunscreen because it is so straightforward. Its consistency is very thin, which I had to get used to, but I love that it is so lightweight, non-greasy, and sheer. It’s perfect to put on under my makeup.
Rachel, Administrative Coordinator, 40s
I highly recommend the EMAGE analysis. I didn’t really know where my problem areas were before I had my skin analyzed. It really helped me to plan my skin care regimen!
- My skin is very dry, and the area around my eyes has always been a problem for me. I noticed that the texture beneath my eyes was “crepey” and wrinkly. I starting using SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex. It isn’t greasy, it absorbs quickly, and a little goes a long way (so it lasts a long time!). I can tell a huge difference in the texture around my eyes, and I use it every day!
- SkinCeuticals Physical Eye UV Defense SPF 50 has been so important for me with my fair skin. It protects the area around my eyes without migrating anywhere else. It’s a great base. Given my family history of skin cancer, I know that I need to protect that area…and it keeps that skin from aging so quickly.