This is the first in a series of our favorite skincare products at Sherman Aesthetic Center.
Many of our patients ask us what we use on our own skin every day, so here are our answers!
Each post will feature two of our staff and their favorite products, which are, of course, available for purchase at S.A.C.
Contact us at 615-297-5798 to schedule a custom skincare consultation to address your specific skincare needs!
Dr. Sherman, 50s
- As any good plastic surgeon does, I recommend sunscreen first and foremost! It is the single most important part of your skin care regimen to prevent signs of aging and deadly skin cancers. A physical barrier sunscreen like SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 is ideal. The great thing about this sunscreen is that it also has a tint that adapts to your skin tone, so you’re not left with a white sheen!
- TNS Essential Serum is my must-have! It contains growth factors, antioxidants, and moisturizing peptides that help nourish skin and encourage new collagen production. TNS protects your investment in filler and Botox-you’re treating wrinkles, lack of support, and volume, but you need to work on the surface as well. I call this “skin fitness”! Great skin care is a journey, and TNS is an essential component.
- Lytera is the latest player in skin lightening. It is a topical that is applied morning and night. It lightens brown spots caused by sun damage. Unlike hydroquinone, you never have to “take a break” from Lytera! It works on different pathways that lead to hyperpigmentation, including transport and deposit of melanin, as well as the brown spot that we see on the surface of the skin.
Elisabeth, PA-C, 20s
As someone who has combination skin, skin care can be a challenge. I have tried product upon product, but I finally have the perfect combination for me:
- SkinCeuticals LHA Solution has completely changed my oily skin. I use this morning and evening, and finally my makeup will stay on throughout the day!
- At bedtime, I use SkinMedica 1% Retinol, which not only helps control my oily skin and breakouts, it also is the product I have found to be one of the BEST anti-aging products long term.
- In the morning, I use TNS Recovery Complex and SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF. Since I was a lifeguard for many years, I have extreme sun damage. Before I started these products, our EMAGE skin analysis machine told me that I was at 99% sun damage. Since using these repairing products, not only has my skin tone become more even, but my sun damage has decreased to 67%! Since I am still outside all the time, the Phloretin CF also helps keep my skin protected for the future.
- Last, and most importantly, I use Colorescience 50 SPF. It is a powder sunscreen that is waterproof (so it doesn’t run in my eyes at the beach or playing sports), and it has a little tint, so I am touching up my makeup throughout the day while getting a high level of protection!