Are you interested in trying Botox and fillers but worried they might make you look weird or overdone? You’re not alone. It’s a valid concern. Chances are, you’ve seen someone who’s gone too far with their face…and that image always comes to mind when you consider diving into the world of injectables, keeping you from taking the plunge once again. Is it even possible to get a subtle, natural-looking result? If so, how?
First, it’s important to understand that what you’re seeing isn’t always the result of injectables alone. Often, there has been plastic surgery or other procedures involved as well.
When it is an injectable issue, filler or neuromodulators (i.e. Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) were often injected in the wrong amount, in the wrong place, with the wrong product.
The answer to our question about achieving natural results is YES. You can have a beautiful, natural result with injectables that does NOT make you look strange or like a different person. Here’s what you need to know:
- The person you choose to inject you is the most important decision you’ll make. You should seek a Master Injector who understands the anatomy of the face, who injects safely and conservatively. They should be experienced and well-trained.
- Communicate with your injector. Tell your injector what you’re hoping to achieve, your concerns, your budget, etc. We offer a free facial analysis with our injectors prior to your treatment. This is a great time to discuss your concerns and how they can be addressed.
- Build a relationship. This is actually a really important part of the process. Getting to know your injector and letting them get to know you on a personal level-your lifestyle, your activities, things that are important to you will help them to understand your wants and needs. It also builds trust and opens up more honest communication to help you both achieve your goals.
- Be accepting when the answer is “no”. A good injector doesn’t always say yes to every injection request. There are areas that are “no-fly zones” that are dangerous to inject, and sometimes more filler or Botox isn’t the answer. A great Master Injector should have your best interests at heart, and sometimes that means saying no.
- Understand that filler is a process. Amazing results are not achieved in one session. Depending on your age, volume loss, and skin quality, it may take several visits to achieve your desired results. We will communicate this with you as we develop your customized plan.
We would love to see you at the Sherman Aesthetic Center to help you achieve a natural, refreshed look. Our Master Injectors are knowledgeable, experienced, highly trained, and caring. Call us for a free facial analysis at 615-297-5798!