FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Juvederm Voluma is the Juvederm hyaluronic acid specialty product for volumizing. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally occurring substance found in the body that helps to hydrate and add volume to our skin. It is designed for injection in the deep dermis to treat age-related facial volume loss. Juvederm Voluma is demonstrated in clinical studies for its safety and a high level of satisfaction with the results of treatment giving a non-surgical facelift.
2. Is Juvederm Voluma injected the same as other Juvederm products?
The robust viscosity that makes Voluma such an ideal volumizer also means that it requires specialized training in order to achieve successful outcomes. Careful training and experience are recommended to become familiar with injecting Voluma. Dr. Sherman was chosen by the Juvederm Voluma XC Advisory Board and to serve as an Expert Physician Trainer of other board certified, core aesthetic physicians because of her advanced knowledge and experience.
3. What are the adverse reactions with Juvederm Voluma?
The types of adverse events Voluma demonstrates are consistent with other fillers, but in very low rates. Following injection, you may experience redness, slight swelling, or bruising at the injected area. Your doctor will inform you about this. These side effects will not last and can easily be covered up with your usual makeup.
4. Has Juvederm Voluma been tested in clinical trials?
Several trials have been undertaken with Voluma; both prospective and retrospective. Voluma demonstrated significant improvement in facial volume loss, garnering high ratings from both physicians and patients.
5. How long will the effects of treatment with Juvéderm® VOLUMA® last?
The average effect of treatment with Juvéderm® VOLUMA® lasts about 18 months. It may sometimes be shorter or longer depending on:
• your age
• your physiology
• your lifestyle (smoking and exposure to sun or UV rays may shorten the effect)
• the amount injected and the injection technique used.
6. Will the treatment hurt?
At the Sherman Aesthetic Center, we use the latest techniques to minimize any discomfort. These can include state of the art numbing creams and proper use of ice packs. After the treatment, any discomfort usually settles very quickly.
7. When can I return to work and resume my social life?
The aesthetic results are immediate and very natural looking. You can return to work and resume your social life immediately.
8. Is there anything I should know before I have the treatment?
Do not take aspirin and arthritis medication that can thin your blood for at least 1 week before the injection session. During the injection, risk of bruising and swelling will be higher for patients under anti-coagulant treatment or taking aspirin.
9. Are there any recommendations I should follow after treatment?
You are advised not to apply pressure to or massage the injection site during the first days following injection session. In the first week following treatment, the injected product may feel unduly firm as it settles into the surrounding tissue. This is normal and your Voluma will eventually feel soft and natural just like your own fatty pads.
10. How much does treatment cost?
This is entirely dependent on how much is needed to achieve your own results. At the time of your initial consultation, we will quote a price based on your specific needs.
Call us today for your FREE consultation with Dr. Sherman or one of the Master Injectors Elisabeth Bennett, PA-C or Lin Matthews, RN to show you how Voluma may help you reverse the signs of aging.
- Facial Fillers: Fight the Signs of Aging
- Dr. Sherman’s Interviewed by eHealth Radio: The 5 Points of Beauty
- The Sherman Aesthetic Center Announces New Injectable Procedure
- 5 Best Spots to Treat Yourself Right in Nashville
- Dr. Sherman featured in eHealth Radio Network